Skip to content

Teaching English as a Foreign Language


Many companies offer training for people hoping to teach English as a foreign language to people from other countries. This training is often aimed toward the 

completion of internationally recognized certificates. 

In addition, many organizations hire English speakers to teach English in a foreign country. Usually the minimum requirement to qualify for a position abroad is a bachelor's degree.

The following links are just a small sampling of some better-known programs. Elmhurst College provides this for informational purposes and in no way endorses any of the companies listed.

  • TEFL: Teach English in Asia Europe, Latin America or the Middle East
  • Interac:  Teach English in Japan

  • Amity:  Teach English to children in Japan
  • CIEE: Teach English in Chile, China, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Peru, South Korea, Sapin, Thailand and Vietnam
  • Interested in teaching in Europe? This website is a great tool to search for teaching jobs all over Europe!