Frequently Asked Questions
What ECIC requirements do my study away course fulfill?
- Click on our J-Term, Spring Break, EC Summer Matrix to see the requirements the courses fulfill.
- All study away courses meet experiential learning requirement, count towards ICS major/ minor, and fulfill ICS 380 course requirement.
Is J-term included in my tuition?
- Tuition is not charged for J-term programs away for full time students in both the Fall and Spring semesters, rather you will pay a comprehensive program fee.
- Students who are full time students for one semester only will pay half of the tuition in addition to the comprehensive program fee.
- Students who are part time students will pay the full tuition and the comprehensive program fees.
Will the class I take abroad transfer over for credit?
- Yes! We count all study abroad trips as experiential learning. You will also get credit for the class(es) you take while abroad.
What is UMAIE?
- UMAIE stands for the Upper Midwest Association for International Education. It is a group of accredited colleges who share their study abroad options among the group so students from their own school. as well as those from other schools in the group, can go abroad together. It is a good option because if Elmhurst does not have a faculty member to lead the trip, another faculty member from another school might be able to and provides the students with more options!
Who will teach my class abroad?
- During EC J-term and Spring Break trips, an Elmhurst College professor and/or faculty member will. If enrolled in an UMAIE course, it might be an Elmhurst professor or a professor from another school in the UMAIE group.
Where will I stay/live when I travel abroad?
- This depends on the program. J-term, Spring Break, and Summer courses can all vary. Some offer homestays, while others stay in hotels or hostels.
- Information regarding the cancellation policy can be found in the program application and here Elmhurst College Billing, Registration and Cancellation Policies